Frequently Asked Questions
We won’t confuse you with ten different options for editing. There is only one level of service we offer. When you submit your writing to us, we will check it for:
- Mechanical errors: we’ll look for errors in spelling and capitalization.
- Grammar: we’ll edit or point out usage of grammar that is incorrect, controversial or unconventional.
- Structure: we’ll edit and give suggestions regarding the structural elements of your document, including its formatting and paragraph/chapter organization.
- Clarity: we’ll suggest alternative phrasing where we deem it appropriate to make sure your message comes across in your writing.
- Logic: we’ll point out inconsistencies and bad arguments in your paper, and instances where what you’re writing detracts from the overall point you want to make.
- And more: we can check your references and make sure they follow your style guide recommendations. We can fact-check parts of your document. We’ll do what we can to help you put forward your best possible work!
- First, you submit your document to us and purchase our editing service. You can let us know how soon you need your document back by, which will affect the price you pay.
- You’ll receive an email from our editor acknowledging that he has received your document. If you have any more information to give us regarding your document, you can reply to that email.
- We’ll start editing your document, leaving comments and making edits while tracking changes.
- You’ll get an email from our editor with your edited document attached. He’ll give a summary of the edits he made along with general feedback on your document and writing.
- If you have any questions regarding the edits, or if you want to discuss any of the comments in your document, you can reply to the same email thread.
We’ll edit almost anything that has written content in it. This includes essays, papers, reports, blog posts, articles, resumes and more. Beyond those, we can also edit written content on websites, PowerPoint presentations, emails — the list goes on.
- Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
- OpenDocument (.odt)
- PDF (.pdf)
- Plain text (.txt)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- LaTeX (.tex)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx)
Generally, Microsoft Word files are the most convenient for us to edit. If you’re using a web-based office suite like Google Docs, or if you want us to edit something you can’t upload like a website or an email, please email us at [email protected]
Yes! We are still operating during the pandemic.
Microsoft Word displays the word count of your document on the bottom bar. If you can’t determine the word count of your document using software, you can copy all your written content onto a blank Word document and check, or google “word counter” and use whichever website you prefer.
Note: If you want us to edit your headers and footers, make sure they are included in your word count. Make sure your document’s word count matches the word count you enter on the “Send Your Document” page. If it doesn’t, please send us a short explanation why, or we may have to cancel your order (though we will check with you first).
Full disclosure: our website is in its early stages of development, and we need you to give us certain information multiple times to make sure price calculation is accurate and we receive the right information.
We hope to make the payment process as smooth as possible for you soon.
Absolutely! Our editor will communicate with you directly after you send a document for editing. You can communicate with him at any time during or after the editing process.
We strive to do our best and make sure your document is as close to perfect as we can make it. However, professional editing is a long process, often involving multiple rounds of editing. After a single round of editing, it is possible your document will have few minor errors left. But we guarantee you, it will be in substantially better shape than before you sent it to us.
Currently, we don’t offer a discount for work that has been edited before either by us or by someone else. This may change in the future.
Keshav, our editor, graduated with a degree in English Literature and Economics from the University of Toronto. He has edited papers in the fields of English, Economics, Philosophy, Chemistry, Forestry, Computer Science and more.
Although he may not be able to give you technical feedback related to your field, your writing is still a linguistic structure, and he can check its grammar and logic, and optimize its clarity.
After you send us your document for editing, our editor will send you an email acknowledging his receipt of your document. You can reply to that email with any additional information or files you need to send.
Yes. You can accomplish this by highlighting the sections you want us to look at. If you do this, please mention it in the note you send with your document. Also, make sure the word count you enter accurately reflects the sections you want us to edit.
To cancel your purchase, send an email to [email protected] requesting cancellation. Make sure to mention your name in this email.
Check your inbox for an e-mail from our editor acknowledging his receipt of your document. Reply to that e-mail explaining that you sent the wrong document. Make sure you attach the correct document to your reply.
If you entered the wrong word count, you’ll have to make another purchase. We will refund you the amount you already paid.
We apologize that you found our service unsatisfactory. You can send your complaint as an email to [email protected]
Your document will be sent to a secure email server. It will be downloaded onto our editor’s computer, where it will be kept for up to 12 months unless you request us to delete it. The contents of your document will never be shared with anyone without your permission, and will never be published.
The Three Hundred Proof website is protected via Transport Layer Security (TLS). That’s why you see a lock in your browser’s address bar when you visit this site. Payments are processed via PayPal and Stripe, which are both well-established services that follow their own security measures.
You can pay us using PayPal, Stripe or a credit/debit card. To pay us using a credit/debit card, you can select Stripe and directly enter your card details, or you can select PayPal and be taken to their website where you can enter your details. You don’t need to have an account with either service to pay with your credit/debit card.