Frequently Asked Questions
We won’t confuse you with ten different options for editing. There is only one level of service we offer. When you submit your writing to us, we will check it for:
- Mechanical errors: we’ll look for errors in spelling and capitalization.
- Grammar: we’ll edit or point out usage of grammar that is incorrect, controversial or unconventional.
- Structure: we’ll edit and give suggestions regarding the structural elements of your document, including its formatting and paragraph/chapter organization.
- Clarity: we’ll suggest alternative phrasing where we deem it appropriate to make sure your message comes across in your writing.
- Logic: we’ll point out inconsistencies and bad arguments in your paper, and instances where what you’re writing detracts from the overall point you want to make.
- And more: we can check your references and make sure they follow your style guide recommendations. We can fact-check parts of your document. We’ll do what we can to help you put forward your best possible work!
- You can contact our editor at [email protected]. You can send your document to that address, and our editor will send you a price quote, after which you can transfer your payment. Once the payment is received, the editing process will begin.
- If you have any more information to give us regarding your document, you can contact our editor at any time.
- We’ll start editing your document, leaving comments and making edits while tracking changes.
- You’ll get an email from our editor with your edited document attached. He’ll give a summary of the edits he made along with general feedback on your document and writing.
- If you have any questions regarding the edits, or if you want to discuss any of the comments in your document, you can reply to the same email thread.
We’ll edit almost anything that has written content in it. This includes essays, papers, reports, blog posts, articles, resumes and more. Beyond those, we can also edit written content on websites, PowerPoint presentations, emails — the list goes on.
We accept many file types, including (but not limited to):
- Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
- OpenDocument (.odt)
- PDF (.pdf)
- Plain text (.txt)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- LaTeX (.tex)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx)
Generally, Microsoft Word files are the most convenient for us to edit. We can also edit documents on Google Docs or any other online service.
Yes! We are still operating during the pandemic.
Microsoft Word displays the word count of your document on the bottom bar. If you can’t determine the word count of your document using software, you can copy all your written content onto a blank Word document and check, or google “word counter” and use whichever website you prefer.
Absolutely! You can communicate with our editor at any time during or after the editing process.
We strive to do our best and make sure your document is as close to perfect as we can make it. However, professional editing is a long process, often involving multiple rounds of editing. After a single round of editing, it is possible your document will have a few minor errors left. But we guarantee you, it will be in substantially better shape than before you sent it to us.
Currently, we don’t offer a discount for work that has been edited before either by us or by someone else. This may change in the future.
Keshav, our editor, graduated with a degree in English Literature and Economics from the University of Toronto. He has edited papers in the fields of English, Economics, Philosophy, Chemistry, Forestry, Computer Science and more.
Although he may not be able to give you technical feedback related to your field, your writing is still a linguistic structure, and he can check its grammar and logic, and optimize its clarity.
You can contact our editor at [email protected].
Yes. Make sure to specify in your email to our editor which parts of your document you want looked at.
To cancel your purchase, send an email to [email protected] requesting cancellation. Make sure to mention your name in this email.
We apologize that you found our service unsatisfactory. You can send your complaint as an email to [email protected].
Your document will be sent to a secure email server. It will be downloaded onto our editor’s computer, where it will be kept for up to 12 months unless you request us to delete it. The contents of your document will never be shared with anyone without your permission, and will never be published by us.
The Three Hundred Proof website is protected via Transport Layer Security (TLS). That’s why you see a lock in your browser’s address bar when you visit this site.
You can pay us using PayPal, INTERAC e-Transfer or a credit/debit card (handled securely through PayPal). If you want to pay us using PayPal or a credit/debit card, our editor will send you a link to a payment processing page. You don’t need to have an account with PayPal to pay with your credit/debit card.